I went looking for a simple but tasty vegetable noodle soup, but every recipe had something slightly different or that just didn’t seem to fit. In the end I took ingredients from multiple recipes and made my own version of it to satisfy my cravings. Turned out pretty good, don’t you think? Check out the recipe below!
Recipe – Yields about 2.5 quarts (2+ liters)
- 6 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 2 cups water
- 1-2 teaspoons of olive oil
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 3 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4-5 green onions, chopped
- 1 package of gluten-free noodles (soup style) or regular noodles if gluten-free isn’t necessary
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bag of frozen lima beans
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning (or a combination of thyme, oregano, black pepper, and any other spice flavors you prefer)
- salt, to taste
- Heat oil in a large non-stick soup pot. Add garlic, onion, celery, and carrots and saute for 5 minutes, until onion begins to soften.
- Add broth, water, bay leaf, and seasonings. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add noodles, simmer for another 8-10 minutes.
- Add frozen lima beans and ¾ of the green onions and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Once everything has softened to your liking, season to taste with salt. Serve with a few pieces of chopped green onions as garnish.