Here’s a quick and easy dinner that you can make in fifteen minutes and can easily scale to more people if necessary! It can also be made a vegan meal by making your own pesto without the cheese. Gnocchi is a very fast cooking Italian food that paired with some sautéed vegetables makes for a very filling and flavorful meal. Thrown in some fresh baked garlic bread and welcome to heaven!
And if you want a dessert with this dish and have some time in advance, buy a bag of Ghirardelli chocolate chips and use the recipe on the back of bag. These amazing chocolate chip cookies will come out! Are you hungry yet?
Recipe – Makes 3 servings
- 1 lb (450 g) package of gnocchi
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) olive oil
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 zucchini, diced
- ½ cup (75 g) of red cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- ¼ cup (60 ml) of pesto
- salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup (22 g) freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp (30 g) fresh basil, roughly chopped
- Set a pot of hot, salted water to boil, cover with a lid to help boil faster! Meanwhile prep the “Italian Vegetables” vegetables.
- Sautée in batches starting with the pepper first for 2 mins, then the zucchini for 2 mins and then the tomatoes.
- Once vegetables soften, add the garlic cook for 1 min, then add the pesto, combine with the veggies and season with salt and pepper to taste. Keep warm over low flame.
- At this point if sauce appears too thick, go ahead and add some pasta from the boiling gnocchi to thin it out.
- Then drain the gnocchi, add it to the veggies stirring to coat. Portion out into bowls, top with the Parmesan cheese, and freshly chopped basil.
Source: Entertaining With Beth